Five Tips to Help Stick With Your New Year’s Resolutions
Got resolutions? Registered Nurse Lorri Pilkington, coordinator of health and nursing services for Leon County Schools, shares suggestions for long-term success:Five Tips to Help Stick With Your New Year’s ResolutionsSuggestions for long-term success:
1. Focus on positive self-talk. Congratulate yourself every time you take a step toward your resolution goal. Be your own best cheerleader.
2. Avoid berating yourself if you should fall back or break a resolution. Just brush yourself off and start over again.
3. Stick to your resolution by considering it a promise to yourself, not a test of your willpower.
4. Avoid situations that put you in temptation’s path. That means if you’re trying to lose weight, don’t go to the ice cream parlor.
5. Keep a sticky note in a prominent place so that you see it every day – for example, on your bathroom mirror, next to your bed, on the visor of your car or on the refrigerator – to remind yourself of your resolutions.