Tallahassee Gets a Taste of the Third Annual North Florida VegFest
Come out and celebrate during this free, family-friendly festival, held on March 18 at Cascades Park.
North Florida residents are in for a tasty treat: the third annual North Florida VegFest! This free event, which will be held on Saturday, March 18, from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Cascades Park in Downtown Tallahassee, is a great opportunity to enjoy delicious food and hear expert advice from food writers and chefs.
“North Florida VegFest is a great event for anyone who wants to learn more about healthy, sustainable and compassionate eating and the benefits it has on health and the environment,” says North Florida VegFest spokesperson Sally Sanders.
Attendees will have the opportunity to:
- Sample and purchase delicious, plant-based cuisine offered by vendors
- Learn healthy and delicious cooking tips from expert chefs
- Hear inspirational stories and advice on living a more compassionate, healthy and sustainable lifestyle from nationally renowned speakers
- Talk with area businesses and organizations about the benefits of healthy living
- Participate in kids’ activities
Speakers will include:
- Ellen Jaffe Jones, motivational speaker, personal trainer, running coach and author of Vegan Fitness for Mortals
- Jenna Bardroff, Kevin Layton and Sean Gloria of Solutionary Species, presenting, “The Compassionate Resolution”
- The Save Movement, presenting, “Don’t Turn Away: Bearing Witness with The Save Movement”
Presenting chefs/cooks will include:
· Jill Welch, natural foods educator and chef at The Kitchen Goddess
· Dr. Sharon Ames-Dennard, executive chef at Nefetari’s Fine Cuisine & Spirits
· Kia Damon, cook at Sweet Pea Café
Kids’ Zone activities will include:
· A planting demo from iGrow “Whatever You Like” Urban Farm
· A yoga class from Namaste Yoga
· A yard/garden art session with The Sharing Tree
· A Whole Kids Foundation Activity with Whole Foods Market
North Florida VegFest is organized by the Tallahassee Vegetarian Community and is sponsored by AXIOS salt spa + juice bar, Solutionary Species, Tallahassee Democrat, Tallahassee Magazine, VegFund and Whole Foods Market. For more details, visit northfloridavegfest.com and facebook.com/nfvegfest.