Bacon Delights from Voodoo Dog to Atomic Coffee
Bacon has made its mark on the breakfast table but it’s also a flavorful ingredient in desserts as well as a source of decoration inspiration.
Here are some local stores and restaurants with bacon on the brain — and on the menu:
- Special order chocolate bacon cupcakes from Lucy & Leo’s Cupcakery.
- Baden-Baden Cards and Gifts sells bacon toothpicks, greeting cards, jigsaw puzzles and, believe it or not, funky fresh bacon air freshener.
- Earth Fare sells bacon chocolate bars.
- Dip your battered and Country Fried Bacon in a bowl of brown gravy at The Tin Cow.
- Athena’s Garden Herbal Emporium sells incense with a sizzling bacon scent.
- Madison Social serves up bacon and banana pancakes.
- Atomic Coffee serves up chocolate covered bacon, and on their main menu they serve eggs, bacon and cheddar cheese on a split-glazed donut.
- Voodoo Dog offers, “The Jefferson Dog,” a bacon dog topped with homemade mac and cheese and crushed Ritz crackers. They also have a “Voodoo Dog” which is a beef frankfurter wrapped with bacon that has been deep fried.
- Smallcakes Cupcakery offers maple bacon cupcakes and candied pig cupcakes.