Best of Tallahassee 2016 Guidelines
The One, The Only (One That Matters) Best of Tallahassee!
More and more, Tallahassee is exhibiting a distinctive, local flair and infectious energy — from the bright facades of Railroad Square to the hustle and bustle of downtown and the full tables at our favorite eateries. Life in Tallahassee is further enhanced by businesses and professionals committed to delivering quality products and experiences, exemplary customer service and inviting environments. When you think of the word “best,” you may recall the mouthwatering meal you bragged to out-of-towners about, the spot you look forward to all week for drinks on Friday night, the suit that was tailored to perfection or the comfort you received from a caring physician. That is, you reflect on businesses that warrant recognition through the chance to win a coveted “Best of Tallahassee” award. Contribute to giving your favorite business what it deserves. See the list of categories in the May/June issue and cast your Best of Tallahassee ballot for 2016. Ballots must be postmarked by June 15, 2016.
To preserve the integrity of the voting process, the following contest rules must be observed in order to cast a ballot and ensure it is included in the voting tabulation process:
- Only ballots printed on original Tallahassee Magazine pages will be accepted; no copies or facsimiles of the ballot will be counted as a vote.
- Ballots must have votes marked in at least 10 different categories in order to be counted.
- Each vote must list the name of a business/company. Individual names alone will not be counted.
- All votes must be cast for locally owned businesses in and around Tallahassee. Votes for any business located outside of a 30-mile radius from the city limits will not be counted.
- Locally owned and operated companies are defined by the owner living in Tallahassee or within a 30 mile radius the of Tallahassee city limits.
- Only ballots cast for locally owned and operated companies will be counted.
- Only one ballot per envelope is permitted.
- All ballots must be mailed directly to Thomas Howell Ferguson P.A. CPAs, a third party organization responsible for processing the ballots. The firm’s address is:
Thomas Howell Ferguson P.A., CPAs
C/O: Best of Tallahassee
P.O. Drawer 14569
Tallahassee, FL 32317
- Ballots must be postmarked by June 15, 2016.
- Obvious attempts at ballot stuffing will be disqualified.
- Any winning business must be in good standing with Rowland Publishing, Inc. in order to be promoted as a “Best of” winner.
Once ballots are counted, all tabulations are final.
Each year, Tallahassee Magazine celebrates dozens of businesses throughout our community that have been singled out by our readers as the best of the best. We have always been transparent about this yearly survey and how it works, but for those who may be new to the process here are answers to some of the more commonly asked questions about “Best Of.”
How are Tallahassee Magazine’s “Best Of” winners selected?
The readers of Tallahassee Magazine choose the winners. A ballot is printed in the magazine (May/June) and readers are asked to fill it out and mail it in by a certain deadline. Each ballot must have votes marked in at least 10 categories to be counted. Votes arriving after the deadline are not counted. Refer to rules listed above.
Who counts the votes and decides the winner?
Tallahassee Magazine contracts with a third party to count the votes and determine the winner and runner-up. For the third year in a row, the counting will be done by Thomas Howell Ferguson P.A. CPAs.
Do you have to buy an ad in the magazine to win?
Absolutely not. Our winners include advertisers as well as non-advertisers.
Can someone “stuff” the ballot box?
No. Only ballots printed on original Tallahassee Magazine pages are accepted. Copies or facsimiles of the ballot are automatically rejected.
Who is eligible?
The readers decide whom they want to honor. Locally owned and operated companies are defined by the owner living in Tallahassee or within a 30 mile radius the of Tallahassee city limits.
How are categories decided?
The categories are revisited each year and we welcome reader suggestions.
What do Best Of winners get?
Winners earn the prestige of being selected by a majority of our readers. They also get a write-up in the magazine, usage of the Best Of logo for a year, discounted advertising rates, an award to showcase in their establishment, & two complimentary tickets to the Best of Celebration.
INFORMATION ON THE BEST OF TALLAHASSEE EVENT COMING SOON!
Results will be published in the November/December issue of Tallahassee Magazine. The top 2 finalists per category will be notified this summer and receive complimentary tickets to the celebration and award ceremony this fall. Additional tickets will go on sale to the public in September of 2016. For more information about the event and sponsorship opportunities, please contact Leigha Inman, Events Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (850) 878-0554.